Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Dipping My Toe Back Into The Pool...

Okay, so maybe I wasn't quite ready for this whole blogging thing when I first signed up (over a year ago!), but I've decided to give it another shot. What's changed? Everything and nothing. How's that for a straight answer?

Life continued. There were weddings, divorces, births, deaths, family vacations, road trips, good friends, music, theater, wine and lots of fibery adventures. Knitting groups split up and new ones formed. Spinning swept through my knitting group like a virus and most of us are now converts (and loving it). Sock knitting remained a popular project, but "novelty yarn" and scarves gave way to cables, stranded knitting and gorgeous lace. I got a digital camera, a Flickr account and then... there was Ravelry. Life may never be the same again.

When I caught myself "blogging" in my Ravelry Project notes, I started to think that maybe it was time to give this another try. The recent month of fiber-related conferences, festivals and classes pushed me closer to the edge and signing up for the Tour de Fleece SAL finally tipped me over.

My goal? Clear a dedicated space to spin, set up my wheel, then spin every day during the Tour de France and post my progress here at least every other day. Ambitious? Yep! But I am really enjoying spinning right now and am cautiously optimistic about the blogging. Hey, it's only three weeks, right? Surely, I can manage to update my blog for that long... I think... really...

Mystery photo #1 from my recent Napa/Sonoma trip. Can you identify the winery?

No comments: