Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Tour de Fleece - Day 4

Otherwise known as "barely there"...

Okay, maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but I only managed to squeeze in about an hour of spinning tonight since I opted to go to knit night. Had to do it though, 'cause the Lollipop Cabin sample sock needed to be finished and it had stalled out completely after I ripped out the toe last week. (grumble, grumble, unacknowledged errors in Interweave pattern, grumble, grumble...)

So, I raced home and picked up a fairly recent acquisition (Tracey Eichheim Spiders Ultra Light top whorl spindle) and some old roving (The Sheep Shed Studio Superwash Merino) and spindled for about an hour. The Spiders Ultra Light spun like a dream! I had no problem producing a fine even single and the hook worked out just fine. It was more rounded than I am used to and I had wondered if I would have a problem with the singles sliding out of it. Nope! It just may have to go to knit night with me tomorrow too!

100_6740

100_6730

No comments: