Not that having a plan means you will actually accomplish what you set out to do, but it's definitely a start.
My plan for the day was to lick my wounds a little with some spindle spinning, then hit the wheel again with another run at woolen spinning. I made it through the first part at least, keeping my "spin every day" goal alive.

It may not be obvious at first glance, but the cop on this spindle really is bigger than it was on Day 4. Honest!
Spinning part two was postponed in favor of knitting part two. I started swatching for this baby sweater yesterday and was almost at gauge, but not really happy with the fabric I had produced. After a few hours of denial, I accepted the fact that I probably needed to go up a needle size (as usual). I knit another couple of inches with the larger needle and was much happier with the hand feel of the swatch. Gauge looks about 1/2 stitch off when measured over 2 inches, but spot on when measured over the full 4 inches. Go figure!
No comments:
Post a Comment